Friday, May 30, 2008

Bottles


Just had a pleasant experience at a new vineyard and winery that recently opened about a mile from where I live so I felt it appropriate to put a few of my paintings of bottles onto the Blog.
The owner of MAUGLE SIERRA VINEYARDS, Paul Maugle, gave my wife and I a tour of the spectacular grounds and 'tasting room'.
The wines are far from the usual and are outstanding.
When we travel we always stop at art galleries and wineries because I paint and my wife conducted tours and 'tastings' at a winery for a number of years.
If you happen to be in Southeastern Connecticut this is one stop that you must put on your map.
The winnery is located at 827 Route 117 in Ledyard, Connecticut.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would never go to this weird winery again. The tasting room is in the cellar with two chairs and makes you feel trapped in a dungeon. Owner is like a car salesman. You can spend your money at much nicer wineries.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger John W. Malenda said...

Ah but you should see the new wine-tasting room!

The winery had just opened at the time of your visit and the owner just happens to be very enthusiastic, and justly so, about his fine wines.

Try again. You will be happy that you did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home